To set up Paypal Express for your ecommerce website you will first need to request an API sginature by following the instructions on the Paypal website.
Log in to your PayPal Business account.
- Click the My Account tab.
- Click the Profile tab. If you haven’t already done so, you need to verify your account before requesting API credentials.
- Click API Access under Account information (on the left).
- Click Request PayPal API credentials and permissions under Option 2.
- Select Request API signature and click Agree and Submit.
- Copy and paste the API username, password, and signature into payment settings section of your website found here:
Setup > Payment methods > Paypal express checkout
Ensure that the PayPalEnvironment is set to ‘live’ (sandbox is for testing purposes only).
You are now able to take payments by Paypal through your website.